Normandy, 5 Bedrooms (Ref:FRH3)Description / Location / Transfer Times / Attractions / Availability / Pricing / How To Book / Owners' Contact Details
This beautiful stone farmhouse, built some three hundred years ago, has been completely renovated and modernised to create a really lovely holiday home. It is peacefully situated in its own grounds of about two acres. A short walk from the village of Grimesnil where there is an excellent, and very welcoming bar/restaurant.
The living accommodation consists of a large lounge with an enormous open fireplace, stone walls, tiled floor and beamed ceilings; dining room, table for 12, tiled floor and beamed ceiling; very well-equipped kitchen, gas/electric cooker, dishwasher, microwave, fridge-freezer, washing machine, circular oak breakfast table and wood-burning stove. There are 5 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. There is oil fired central heating throughout.
|Outside there is a garage with table tennis, beach games and bikes. Terrace to front of house. Vine-covered dining area. Lawns. Located near to the village of Grimesnil.|
La Germainiere is ideally situated for a great holiday in totally unspoilt Normandy countryside, whilst at the same time being close to magnificent beaches and some lovely old towns.
- Cherbourg, 90 minutes
- Caen, 90 minutes
- Le Mont Saint Michel, The Landing Beaches and Museums and Bayeux, with its famous tapestry, are all within easy reach
- Iles Chausey, which are a short, 45 minute and interesting boat trip from Granville
- Coutances, 20 minutes, is a gem of a medieval town, with excellent shops and a world-famous cathedral
- The market town of Gavray, with its good shops and supermarket, is only seven kilometres to the south
- The weekly calf and pannier market is a must, if only to eat the huge Normandy sausages which are barbecued at the side of the road
- The house is surrounded by many small, pretty villages. Many have excellent restaurants
- There are two boulangeries within about three kilometres of the house selling fresh bread, croissants and other delights
For availability and all other enquiries, please contact the owners directly.
|Period (2004)||Price per week|
|Apr||£400 - £565|
|May||£425 - £750|
|Jun||£525 - £620|
|Jul||£775 - £850|
|Aug||£700 - £850|
|Sep||£425 - £525|
|Oct||£400 - £565|
|Nov - Dec||£350|
|Xmas - New Year||£800|
Please Note: Prices include all heating, hot water, electricity and logs. Discounts are available for parties of 4 or less and also for short breaks.
Please bring your own linen. Duvets and pillows are provided. Non-smokers preferred.
Please contact the owners directly when you're ready to book.
Changeover day is Saturday .
|Name:||Brian & Sue Smart|
|Email:||Click here to send an email|
|Tel:||+44 (0)1747 811830|